Discuss Installing acrylic shower bath. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree you're paying through the nose for your copper and fittings. modern taps aren't as good for flow, you need to check that they are for low pressure i.e. 0.1 bar upwards.

One minor advantage to plastic pipe is that it heats up quicker in a hot water system than copper and retains its heat for longer. I never use anything but full bore isolating valves as the cheap ones leak through time from the screw slot and they restrict flow.

Thanks for reply Best. Could have got copper cheaper if I had bought 10 pack 3m by 22mm but only needed 2 lenghs of 2 metres. Screwfix out of stock in soldered tap conns. Had to buy yorkshire kuterlight as only in stock 22mm by 3/4 stock no 50256. £9.99 each! Could have waited a day but needed to get job finished. Taps are Bristan Oval bath pair 3/4 minimum pressure 0.1 bar on Bristan website. Flow is now ok since changing 22mm copper straight to tap (no hose) and full bore peglar service valve.

Thanks for reply Steveb, Taps are Bristan oval ( got them on Screwfix sale 33% off) 3/4 bath, minimum pressure 0.1 on their technical data. Flow rate now ok since I changed to 22mm straight to tap (no hose) and peglar full bore service valve.

Thanks for reply system3. You are right that plastic has better thermal properties, copper does lose a lot of heat. I have started insulating all the copper now as losing heat costs a lot of money nowadays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing acrylic shower bath. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back