Search the forum,

Discuss Instantaneous Water Heaters - multiple parallel installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nigel Allinson

I have a very small property in Cornwall with electricity only. The old fortic hot water tank will have to go soon. Does anyone have experience of installing multiple instantaneous electric water heaters in parallel or even in series? The Heatrae Sadia Multipoint installation manual shows how to install in parallel (but it specifically states "do not install in series").

If I had 2 or 3 12Kw units installed in parallel with a PRV on the inlet of each one would that give enough oomph to run a bath tap? I realize I'd need to run a dedicated supply to each one from the consumer unit. The advantages are lower running costs (than a direct unvented tank for example) and freeing up valuable space currently taken by the fortic.

Thanks for any views or experience.

Nigel

W = A x V

Get your water pressure checked. Could go direct unvented or electric combi. But your electricity supply wouldnt be big enough to run 2 or 3 12kw units at the same time.

upgrading to 3 phase can be a bit steep on the cost side!

un vented direct cyl easiset option for small cornish property

This one keeps coming up Nigel, and I am afraid the answer is always the same.

Not on single phase UK domestic power. Your max is (roughly) 11kw.

You would need to upgrade to 3 phase, or re-think and store some water. If your mains pressure and flow are OK, consider an unvented direct cylinder as per SimonG's suggestion above.

Or go for a wood pellet stove linked to an unvented cylinder
Expensive but then the grant will help a lot

Running costs wont be lower !!!
Not with that set up
you would be drawing a huge amount of juice while in use.

put your kettle on and watch it fly around.
a kettle is about 2 kw

you want to run a pair of or three electric heaters
thats 24 or 36kw!!

Have an lpg intergas combi installed and have it set to water heater mode.
leave power on to it when you're not living there and it will be fine :)
also if you decided you wanted a wet central heating system the boiler can be turned back to a combi with a few setting changes.

much cheaper than bumping upto three phase.

Why not go solar thermal and bio? You will get paid for it? Although if it's a second home u may need to be creative!

Oh, external ? What about oil combi they are amazing? Ashp solar in loft?

A very small property with 3 baths?

Killy's suggestion is the best if you have a suitable space to store a set of cylinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Instantaneous Water Heaters - multiple parallel installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock