Discuss Insufficient clearance around boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Combi boiler (Main 30HE) in a house that I bought just under 3 years ago, that's not been serviced since I bought the place (yeah, I know).

I've noticed it dripping from the bottom, so I got an engineer round, who's said because it's not got sufficient clearance, he can't work on it, and he should be condemning it, but he turned it off and gave me an evening to create sufficient clearance and was going to come back tomorrow to work on it.

The problem is, the top of the boiler (about the top 6 inches) goes in to to loft, with the front of the boiler obscured by plasterboard. I've cut away as much of it as I can, but ran in to a joist which goes all of the way across the boiler, about 4 inches in front of the case. there's now room for the front cover to be taken off, but the top of it is still obscured by this joist.

Is the positioning of this boiler illegal? Do I have any options other than paying to relocate the boiler?

https://i.*********/effCL5S.png

I would say yes but it's down to the engy on site

Could the boiler be lowered?

Its not illegal if you can see the flue. That case will come off easy enough he can work most potential leak sources or at least have a look to see what is actually leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Insufficient clearance around boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back