Discuss Integrated Shower Leaking .. Help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mesmarizer

HI Guys

Needs a bit of help ... my Shower is leaking ... seems like i need to change the shower cartridge .. the Band is John sydney and i am not sure which Cartidge it is ..

I have tried to remove the Valve Head .. but i cant seem to remove the arm of the start stop Valve ... there was a screw which i have removed .. but still it doesnt come out ... I have attached 4 pictures of it .. any body can tell me how i can remove this out ..

The thermostate one came out without any issue at all ..

Also which cartidge wil i need ..

Regards
20140311_185055_resized.jpg20140311_185127_resized.jpg20140311_185141_resized.jpg20140311_185029_resized.jpg

plenty wd40 (let It soak In), and it should come off. try give some support to the body of the valve fastened in the wall when you tug it.

I had one today that took some 'getting off'

Cheers Mate.. i will try it tomorrow .. didn’t wanted to force it … so in theory it should come off when the screw is taken off

Send your pictures to showerdoc, they are pretty good at identifying shower valves and advising which cartridge is appropriate.

If you need to change the cartridge on that shower its where you control the temperature so you dont need to strip the on/off valve. Basically there valve what you change the temperature is the cartridge you need to change.
Is it not pulsating hot & cold, or just not giving hot water?

If you need to change the cartridge on that shower its where you control the temperature so you dont need to strip the on/off valve. Basically there valve what you change the temperature is the cartridge you need to change.
Is it not pulsating hot & cold, or just not giving hot water?

water is leaking from the shower head ... so i was thinking its related to the on/off valve ... currently there is no issue with hot/cold water ... it works prefectly fine .. as i cant take the on/off valve off i cant say it has a cartridge in it or a broken washer ..

Hi .. It came off after using WD40 ... looks like i just need to change the end washer as its not in good shape .. I have measured it and its 10 mm .. any idea which size it will be checking on amazon they seems to be 1/2 3/4 5/8

Attachments

• IMG_20140312_175743.jpg
    IMG_20140312_175743.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20140312_175801.jpg
    IMG_20140312_175801.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20140312_175755.jpg
    IMG_20140312_175755.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Integrated Shower Leaking .. Help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back