Discuss Internal Soil Vent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - I have just finished ripping out our bathroom prior to a refit. I will being getting a professional plumber in etc. to do the work required but just wondering if anyone could advise to help with the planning of the new bathroom. In the corner we have an internal soil pipe with an AAV. This was boxed in all the way to the ceiling but the pipe only runs to halfway to the ceiling at present. We would like to redesign this wall but it would involve reducing the height of the soil pipe. I do understand (well I think I do) that this needs to be higher than the level of the highest water level in the bathroom (sink or toilet). I guess my question is - how much higher does it need to be? Can I bring it down to just a few inches above the water level? Also how much clearance is needed above the AAV - can I put a ledge in just above it? As mentioned I wouldn't do anything like this myself, and would get a plumber in, but before we can get a quote for the all the work, we would like to know what are options might be. Thanks in advance.

You can use a Hep Vo trap on the basin or bath. We use this method a lot. They will let air into the system for equilibrium.
Google it it's straight forward and any qualified plumber should know.
Then you can box straight onto the branch.
Otherwise the air admittance valve needs to be above spill over level but needs air so don't box it in air tight because it will fail open and stink your house out!!!!

Thanks so much - and for the quick response - don't suppose you work in the Haywards Heath area :) That really opens up our ideas now. Understand about not boxing in too close above the AAV. I think we will need the AAV still as the soil pipe is used for the downstairs toilet as well and without having to do much work down there I guess we would be best to leave this at present, but I guess if we used these Hep Vo traps in the new bathroom we could take the soil pipe down to floor level and reinstall the AAV (leaving plenty of air supply around it). Will leave the work/final advice to the professionals but again thank you for the advice. Very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Internal Soil Vent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back