Discuss Is a pool heat exchanger suitable for a communal heating system? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

John,

Happy New Year and many thanks for your analysis. I will enquire about the B3600.

Do you have any views on options 1 and 3 I listed above, compared to B3600 (Option 2)?

Option 1, depending on how clean you can get the system is probably a better choice than option 3 despite option 3 having bigger waterways and the ability to split it for cleaning, my experiences of this type (3) of PHE was on a number of ships I sailed on, they needed very careful re assembly with the correct torque settings for the tie bolts etc after cleaning, the rubber gaskets frequently were torn on splitting them and any new gaskets had to be glued on, if you go down this route then who will disassemble, clean and re assemble them properly?.
Option 1, if you are prepared to treat the Hx as a throwaway item should it get plugged is far less trouble IMO but of course may prove very expensive in the long run.
My preference is still option 2.

Of course, as suggested above, by others, you could go for a LLH, with suitable filtration, both magnetic&particle, of the boiler return, you might find that the boiler Hx might last for years and its replacement cost may not exceed and may even be far less than the maintenance cost of either of the PHEs.

Reply to Is a pool heat exchanger suitable for a communal heating system? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, We have a Worcester Bosch GB162 100kw boiler in a residential block for the communal heating serving 12 flats. We currently...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are planning to replace a 50-year old boiler for the communal heating-only (no hot water) of a residential block of 12 flats with 60...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock