Search the forum,

Discuss Is ACS being replaced?????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

psk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hello everyone,

i am due to sit my acs exams but i read somewhere on this forum that ACS will be replaced end of this year?:confused: Is it true??

If it is being replaced whats the next examination body like and their criteria?

hello everyone,

i am due to sit my acs exams but i read somewhere on this forum that ACS will be replaced end of this year?:confused: Is it true??

If it is being replaced whats the next examination body like and their criteria?

Crikey, hope not, doing my now!!

First I heard of it. Was passing my old training centre today and my ACS trainer never mentioned anything bout that.

New one on me too. I did hear whispers that BG are trying to get their own guys exempt due to their "constant updating of knowledge" but just the rumour mill I guess.

ACS will only be changed with another Accredited Certification Scheme update .

All mandatory qualifications in the UK have to be operated on a UKAS platform / assessment format.

the only thing that may change is the accreditation body i.e. CITB , construction skills , blue flame

It is the HSE who specified the competence required

not the center or certifying body who give you a piece of paper

ACS will only be changed with another Accredited Certification Scheme update .

All mandatory qualifications in the UK have to be operated on a UKAS platform / assessment format.

the only thing that may change is the accreditation body i.e. CITB , construction skills , blue flame

It is the HSE who specified the competence required

not the center or certifying body who give you a piece of paper

no it aint changin, onl that companies are allowed to run their own schemes, like thatl happen!

no it aint changin, onl that companies are allowed to run their own schemes, like thatl happen!

I am pretty sure that you know as much as I know being in the position you are in

Agreed The bodies may change but the ACS will not

New one on me too. I did hear whispers that BG are trying to get their own guys exempt due to their "constant updating of knowledge" but just the rumour mill I guess.
Do BG not already train and assess their own?:confused:

Thanks for that fellas

Gives me some hope to keeep studying!!!!!!

;)

i have not heard anything regarding the acs changing but there are always ad ons like when i last did mine fga etc

The level of competence is only to be confirmed to keep up with developing technologies and changes in manufactures equipment.

just because "Ive been doing it for years" does not mean you are doing things by today's standards and methods

I do not mean anything by you I do mean anyyou/body

Last edited:
Do BG not already train and assess their own?:confused:

Yes but instead of having to get reassessed every 5 years they are trying to say they should not have to do this due to their training regime which is already in place, as I said its just what I heard..

ACS is here to stay. What may change is a review of the existing criteria. Certain people, have the view that it is too complicated in the current form. Ticket for this appliance and another and another. After all your either a gas fitter or not. It could be streamlined. Time will tell.

ACS aint going but apprentices will not have to do it seperatly and will be able to become gas safe registered for 5 years

You already can get Gas Safe registered without the ACS with certain Gas NVQ's that are "ACS alligned."

I might be saying the same thing. ACS can be included in NVQ Level 3 plumbing, which gives them ACS competence which lasts 5 years. still have to register annualy with Gas Safe though

You already can get Gas Safe registered without the ACS with certain Gas NVQ's that are "ACS alligned."

true but not with the plumbing nvq3 only gas. the new plumb diploma will copy exisiting gas nvq for this unit, therefore no seperate acs required

I might be saying the same thing. ACS can be included in NVQ Level 3 plumbing, which gives them ACS competence which lasts 5 years. still have to register annualy with Gas Safe though

yes, but acs wont be needed in future

so those with the acs alligned nvq's who got on the gas register without acs assessment, how do they get re-assessed every 5 years? Do they do the acs then? what will it be in future then with the new diplomas?

the new diploma will give a candidat effectively a five year licence to trade, then they will need to do their acs, i presume it'll be a reassessment but not sure

I take it that this diploma is accredited to UKAS and follows the same requirements as ACS.?

My last apprentice got his gas tickets (the usual 5) as part of his SVQ. Lasts 5 years then reassessment the same as everyone else. It is however listed on his SVQ thing (which lists all qualifications earned through school and beyond) as a separate qualification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is ACS being replaced?????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock