Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Is it the tap or the vented hot water system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I've got a customer with an Edwardian bath/shower mixer which gives her water that's either too hot or too cold. The taps are quarter turn, so ceramic disks of course, but even I couldn't get the hot water to come out at a safe temperature. I'm wondering if this is down to a failure inside the tap itself or if it's difficult because it's on an unvented system and the head pressure is low. We had the same thing at home when I was (much) younger and it was really difficult to mix the water safely.

I don't want to change the mixer tap and have the same problem.

Cheers all,

Guy

Reply to Is it the tap or the vented hot water system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi there, All was good until one day the hot water suddenly started running quite a lot cooler. Putting my hand on the output at the boiler it's...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock