Search the forum,

Discuss Is the Baxi HE 133 the worst boiler ever made? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevo72

I've had a Baxi HE 133 for the last 8-9 years. It failed 3 times within the first few months of use under warranty. It has since consistently overheated every year due to failing heat seals. Now it is struggling to remain lighted because the burner is on it's last legs (the gauze has deteriorated). It has also suffered from leaks, water pressure loss and leaks from the air bladder. Few gas fitters seem to understand how it works.

I'm thinking it's time to bite the bullet and rid myself of this pile of crap. I'm also thinking of paying a witch to place a curse on the directors of Baxi.

Might get a Vaillant. They seem to be popular and my current gas fitter says they are a simpler design.

Will a new boiler restore any faith left in the gas boiler industry? Or shall I build my own DIY nuclear reactor in the garden shed? It might be more reliable and efficient than my current gas boiler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh yes the dreaded Baxi HE, thankfully all my customers have skipped theirs! A nice new Vaillant will give you many years of pretty much hassle free running provided it's fitted well.

Although the reactor sounds like more fun!! ....... It's alive!!!! :dizzy2:

Def give the ideal vogue a try with 10 year guarantee. Why not your location up in the looking for an engineer section of the forum and one of us guys could advise you and quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is the Baxi HE 133 the worst boiler ever made? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me out with an issue I have with my baxi duotec boiler. Basically, the hot water temperature has been fluctuating quite alot, dropping in temp then raising again whilst showering. I have had an engineer out who has changed the thermistor, but I am...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4 hours from 0-1.5 bar each time. This has been going on a week now. I have also started to notice small drips running down my condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock