Search the forum,

Discuss is theres a way of actually having a cylinder inline with the comb DHW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steveignite

Hi,
A customer has asked if theres a way of actually having a cylinder inline with the combi dhw outlet, and not a case of e.g kitchen fed tap of combi. then rest of the house unvented cylinder. Reason for this is the Building is 127 feet long with 4 bathrooms. all at the rear. with an existing 38kw combi. only 2 people live there. They have already Brought a 300 Litre unvented with solar. Please Help

yes its called a motorised valve,as long as you take 1 tap off the combi

Hi Gas Man,
Thank you for your prompt reply.
what you have suggested, what i would normally do, however i've been asked if its possible to basically tee the unvented cylinder to the existing pipework connected to the Combi DHW.

Hi Gas Man,
Thank you for your prompt reply.
what you have suggested, what i would normally do, however i've been asked if its possible to basically tee the unvented cylinder to the existing pipework connected to the Combi DHW.
no its not

There was a moment of
wow4.gif

No that won't work, supplys won't be balanced. The combi was never gonna feed all that anyway.

Just tell the customer it won't deliver on performance and this is the way its gotta be! If the cylinder has to be beside the boiler then put in a bronze pump on a 2nd return.

Hi, thanks for the reply,
The costumer does use the front of the house (Kitchen) and 1 of the showers at the rear.
However would like to use the other bathrooms when family are over. Over 100 feet away.

Yes you can. Either in series or in parallel with a tcv (thermostatic change over valve)

The only way you can use the hot water tank aswell as combi is by linking the coil to heating circuit using a motorised valve and its own controls. and as long as tank Is fitted by g3 engineer and hot water circuits are totally separate . Part of the buildings hot water can be fed from tank and other half from boiler.
It's quite scary your asking if hot waters can be linked if your a plumber.

Thats what i proposed Separate Systems. But the customer keeps asking, So i thought just to make sure ask.

A combi would never hear the flow from cylinder but boiler can be used as back up.

Just a way of showing support by liking a particular post, in the way I've just liked a couple of yours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to is theres a way of actually having a cylinder inline with the comb DHW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock