Discuss Is this an accumulator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Can someone talk me through this please? Im not working on it but would like to understand what its for and its components.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4631.jpg
    IMG_4631.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 136
An accumulator being fed by a booster set from the look of it?

an accumulator is effectively a large expansion vessel

a way to store water under pressure and used if you have a poor flow rate but a good incoming pressure.

now from the look of it that accumulator is hooked upto a booster set so it serves a slightly different purpose.

the booster set is designed if you have poor pressure and/or flow rate.

The black tank is acting as a "break" tank from the mains, as you can't boost more than 12lpm from the mains but you can boost from a break tank.

As its being fed from a small tank(unless it has a larger one feeding the smaller)
you can assume you have poor incoming pressure but a decent flow rate.
if you have a poor flow rate then You up the size of the tank.

That booster will boost both the pressure and the flow rate when needed, the accumulator serves as a battery effectively so the pump doesn't have to run all the time at every demand.

thats my poor understanding, so guys please correct me where ive gone wrong

Last edited:
Looks like an auto top up and expansion vessel to me,as the break tank s too small for booster .

Also has a high and low pressure switch.

what do I win?...:20:

It's as they all say, I don't like the wheel head valve on the expansion pipe into the vessel if you accidentally close that off she will be blowing off, this is a commercial job Bunker, or one hell of a domestic, I think that vessel has a replacement rubber bag, the pressure set looks like BOSS or Brefco same thing now me thinks.

Looks like an auto top up and expansion vessel to me,as the break tank s too small for booster .

I been fitinum like that for the last 40 year man and boy, they are only meant to top up, not fill, you fit a loop to fill up, modern pressurisation sets (NOT A BOOSTER BTW) have time run limits so if you get a massive leak over a weekend the pump will not keep filling and flood the building a 5 min timer will shut it off and will not let it start again, if I was to pick holes in the photo the 3/4 galv expansion looks smallish but would need to see all system.

The large vessel is the expansion vessel. The smaller vessel is to stop the pump chattering as it comes up to pressure.

How bloody big is that house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this an accumulator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Does anyone know what this is (in a kitchen cupboard, under the kitchen sink)? I'm wondering if it is an accumulator. Mains water...
Replies
Views
The MJ3 Charger on my Mainsboost system has stopped working and I have sourced a replacement, but need a plumber that understands these...
Replies
Views
Hi Where I am living the water is very hard. The result is my heat exchanger most likely has accumulated limestone. The problem is that due to...
Replies
Views
D
Hi Where I am living the water is very hard. The result is my heat exchanger most likely has accumulated limestone. The problem is that due to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock