Search the forum,

Discuss Is this likely to affect health? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning all,

In our downstairs toilet room I noticed this morning (see picture) there is a tiny of damp appears to be coming from actual tap when cold, however when heating is on I am assuming it is steaming off or sealing with expansion.
Is the corrosion anything to worry about? Is there any chance of gases?
50AD6C44-867A-410F-A91A-CBDAD494F82E.jpeg

Attachments

• C37FD0F0-3F25-4CB4-9A2C-42880E966CAD.jpeg
    C37FD0F0-3F25-4CB4-9A2C-42880E966CAD.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 8
This is not a health hazard as far as gasses or anything like that. It is a hazard to the fabric of your building though. That pipework is severely corroded on its last legs and very likely to fail. That radiator and its associated pipework needs attention sooner rather than later.

From those pics, I would say that the copper to radiator valve connection is leaking - relatively easy fix.
The green on the copper below looks like a 'pinhole' leak. It may only leak when the heating system is on, due to expansion - and will only get worse over time
It should be cut out and replaced.

Reply to Is this likely to affect health? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock