Search the forum,

Discuss Jaguar/ Land Rover to start production in China in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

petercj

Jaguar and Land Rover are two iconic examples of British engineering, and now we hear that the company will be exporting British jobs to China.

This may make sense for their profits and share-holders, but how can it make sense for Britain?

We have over a million young people unemployed, and even many Tories are now admitting that the only way to beat the recession is to grow our way out of it by expanding our industries, and yet more manufacturing jobs are to go overseas, as so many have over the past 25years.

The company have sweetened the pill by saying that they will still be investing in production in Britain, but never-the-less, China's gain is our loss in terms of jobs and wealth production.

I can't see how this move can possibly make sense if looked at in terms of the bigger picture, but I increasingly get the impression that the average Brit couldn't care less?

I don't like the way any British firm can profit from sales in this country and not put anything back. If they are going to move there operations abroad to make more money they should be banned from making money here.

when MG ROVER died,quickly followed by LDV that was it for our motoring industry,it comes as no surprise JLR are going to china,however the chinese are creating some jobs here whats left of the longbridge plant now employs 400 odd local people, admittedly nothing compared to the 6,400 it once employed,its a pity the new MG 6 is not selling

Ladbrooks wouldn't have given you odds on that. It was only a matter of time.
The Thatcher government killed off our industry in the 80's and it will never come back.

I've worked in a couple of factory's and to be honest half the guys working there don't give a stuff, lazy arrogant and do as little as possible. Morral was always rock bottom.

Can you blame the bosses for going to China? They will work for a tenth of the money and twice as hard.

I've worked in a couple of factory's and to be honest half the guys working there don't give a stuff, lazy arrogant and do as little as possible. Morral was always rock bottom.

Can you blame the bosses for going to China? They will work for a tenth of the money and twice as hard.

As horrible as it is taking jobs abroad and making people unemployed over here, I have to agree with you on this one. Not all are the same but being from the midlands I see it all the time.

My dad tells me stories of some of his mates who used to work at LDV and they used to clock in first thing and then bail out over the fence straight back home and be paid all day for sitting at home. It's a case of the minority spoiling it for the majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jaguar/ Land Rover to start production in China in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock