Search the forum,

Discuss Job has confused me?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil T

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Hi all,
Been to a view a job today which has confused me. The first red flag I got was the basin trap (see pic attached) and the guy the customer got in to put in a new bathroom is refusing to be contacted after saying his work is good and not his problem.
The problem is that there is no hot water to the bathroom. There is a very low pressure flow but not hot. I traced a pipe and it does travel towards the cylinder which is about a meter away but doesn't get warm. There is a nr valve by the looks of it on the pipe (see other pic) which has stumped me why??? The customer said he fitted one of those toilet sprayers similar to one in last pic, and when he did water started flowing from overflow in loft. He said he knew what problem was and put the nr valve on h/w pipe which stopped it.
My first thought is why the nr valve? That would point to water trying to get back to cylinder from bathroom, which would explain flow into tank in loft. When I was looking for the same douche online, I found that some come with tmv's, could he have fitted that wrong somehow for it to cause back pressure?
The whole room has been newly tiled including floor so want advice before I jump in ripping up the room to trace the problem.
Cheers for any pointers :)

20170609_153407.jpg

20170609_153429.jpg

sh048-cutout.jpg

for a start them sprayers cant be fitted to mains cold water (need there own break tank as there classed at cat 5 risk) some are temp controlled them selves but most come with a tmv

would say theres not enough pressure to open the nrv

Jeezzzzzzzz Christ ,

That's a shocking fix though.
But as @ShaunCorbs says: it's the nr valve had the issue couple of months ago.

@ShaunCorbs @Matchless.plumb I know he's put the nrv on to stop water returning to cylinder, but what could be causing that pressure? The tmv? And it does seem that he's connected sprayer to mains. Just want to advise customer on their options. Chase the guy up threatening legal action and/ or pay me to put it all right for them which I don't really want to as @townfanjon and @Harvest Fields so helpfully advised :)

Yes will be mains cold with gravity hot

Your best option is to find the tmv and cap it do away with the spray

That sounds like the easy option .. but customer is Muslim so want a sprayer. Nowt like religion to get in way of basic plumbing.
Would it worth removing nrv too or just leave it as is?

Can't have the sprayer against water regs

(No ifs nor buts)

Once the tmv is capped yes just remove the nrv

Cheers for that. Going to put a quote together for job and see what they say .. hope they've got some spare tiles

Cheers for that. Going to put a quote together for job and see what they say .. hope they've got some spare tiles

Is the tmv by the toilet removable panel (be the sensible place)

Good luck servicing the toilet :D

Going a fair bit over on price as god knows what I'll find behind the tiling :confused:

Yep wouldn't be too far off it if you double it

May even see if they want a proper basin trap fitted :)

tbh looks like it wants re piping can you get the other side of the wall / can you get at the pipe as it looks too high

unless your very lucky and theres just enough space between those elbows ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Job has confused me?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to cap off a water connection which is the water pipe connector to an M15 hose pipe from a kitchen sprayer tap. I have included images so you can understand my problem. Can anyone tell me the best way to blank off that pipe. (That's the vertical brass pipe in the photos)
Replies
Views
I was looking into a problem with flow rate in my bathroom. A bit confused with how flow rate, water pressure, pipe length, and difference in height all interact. I found this very useful online calculator to assist. Do a google for "flow-rate-calculator" at copely dot com. It is a free...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Hi wonder if anyone could help? I have a customer that has recently had backflow problems with her cylinder. She gets very hot water coming through her cold taps in her 3 floored property. I recently changed her ground floor basin taps and in doing so had to drain down the cylinder as a...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A plumber did some work for me and has done so in the past as well and has been great which is why I hire him. Anyway the last job he did he overcharged me, caused a little damage in my kitchen where he was working and after many requests has not provided me with a receipt ( 7...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock