Search the forum,

Discuss Jobs by text in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelister6

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Lately, I seem to be getting more requests for work via text and for some reason, this really riles me. They're generally just the small jobs like fittting a cooker etc. but it just strikes me as pig ignorant! How much more difficult is it to pick up the phone and actually speak to someone? Might just be me finally turned into a grumpy owd get!!:32:

I encourage texts. Some people who aren't on contract phones are put off by mobile charges and would prefer to phone a landline, but a text is usually free or 10p. I have it on my website "text me the word 'plumber' and I'll call you back".

I don't mind as I hate talking on the phone. Most people just seem to rattle on and on and on.....

I don't care as long as the works coming in. Wouldn't mind if it was by carrier pigeon to be honest.

i`d do everything by text or online hate talking to people lately especially the mrs

Lately, I seem to be getting more requests for work via text and for some reason, this really riles me. They're generally just the small jobs like fittting a cooker etc. but it just strikes me as pig ignorant! How much more difficult is it to pick up the phone and actually speak to someone? Might just be me finally turned into a grumpy owd get!!:32:

I ignore all text messages I can't agree with you more. 2 minute conversation is equal to an hour texting back and fourth.

I don't mind a text, most of the ones I've had are through the day and along the lines of 'I need a new bathroom fitting, am I ok to phone this evening to talk through it.'

It's when you get a random text that simply reads "how much for a boiler service?". I mean, honestly, I'm not a mind reader and I have no idea what ruddy boiler you have. I just text back ÂŁ75.00 and funnily enough I never hear from them again.

I encourage texts. Some people who aren't on contract phones are put off by mobile charges and would prefer to phone a landline, but a text is usually free or 10p. I have it on my website "text me the word 'plumber' and I'll call you back".

I think that's a great idea. Do you get many customers doing it?

If a customer can't afford to call me, they probably can't afford to pay me.

If a customer can't afford to call me, they probably can't afford to pay me.

I'm not saying they can't afford it, just saying it's a cheaper option.
Take two different plumbers who charge the same and are both very skilled. It costs you ÂŁ2 to phone plumber A and 10p to call plumber B. Which one do you choose? ;)

Take two different plumbers who charge the same and are both very skilled. It costs you ÂŁ2 to phone plumber A and 10p to call plumber B. Which one do you choose? ;)

Very similar to the 0800 freephone number linked to your business, but probably a lot cheaper.

Good idea. Might have to bung you a % :)

option #c# the carrier pidgeon!! thats if i am paying granville.lol

If someone texts me "Wanting a price for xxxxxx, could you call me when you have time", then fair enough, but got one at 7 pm new years day, "Do you fit cookers?" so I texted back "Yes, Phone tomorrow for a price, Thanks, Lee". Got one back "But I need it doing tomorrow!" so I turned the phone off and finished me pint. If I'd carried on, this could have gone on all night "What's your address", "Is it one in one out?", "Does it need a bayonet/hose/chain etc?".

Could have been all done, dusted and booked in by the time i'd took the froth off pint number 1 if the fanny had phoned!!

If someone texts me "Wanting a price for xxxxxx, could you call me when you have time", then fair enough, but got one at 7 pm new years day, "Do you fit cookers?" so I texted back "Yes, Phone tomorrow for a price, Thanks, Lee". Got one back "But I need it doing tomorrow!" so I turned the phone off and finished me pint. If I'd carried on, this could have gone on all night "What's your address", "Is it one in one out?", "Does it need a bayonet/hose/chain etc?".

Could have been all done, dusted and booked in by the time i'd took the froth off pint number 1 if the fanny had phoned!!:bomb2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jobs by text in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock