Search the forum,

Discuss Joining gas pipes together in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Sorry if I sound completely stupid, but just after advice.

Had gas meter moved outside and the new copper piping from meter feeding back through in to the wall, this new piping has then been attached to some older piping, which goes to the boiler (only gas in the house).

I wanted to get the new and old piping put together nearer the floor, as at the moment as you can see from pic the new pipe is feeding in, going up and joining to the old pipe and is now in the way of where I wanted a waste pipe to go. My question is could the new and old not of been fitted together further down, I’ve been told it couldn’t as the older pipe is not round anymore so it would of been impossible to fit, hence why it’s joined further up where the old pipe is still round, can pipes not be made round again or soldered on?

Also is earthing correct, going from electricity meter to gas pipe then on to cold water pipe?

Please be kind

B73CFC17-2410-4C27-8925-A1B4AA62147B.jpeg

93C3FF81-0D81-4BFE-8546-8E696E02F749.jpeg

Looks like they made the best with what was there.
A repipe would probably be needed to tidy it up

Thank you for replying, someone has said to me it’s a bad job and the soldering is rough?

It's not a bad job but the soldering isn't the best

5 minutes with a bit of sand paper it will look night and day, sometimes you can't help drips but remove them takes less time

If the pipe was deformed he might have played safe and decided to overfill it with solder (hence the mess), still he could have given it a wipe.

Is the pipe sleeve into the meter box outside sealed ?

I can’t see pic properly or make out what they’ve used as a sleeve. I’m presuming the big messy hole goes to outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Joining gas pipes together in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock