Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Just fitted a new sink... in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. rossross

rossross New Member

Good morning, I found your forum via Google after searching for some plumbing advice.

We have recently installed a new sink however struggled with the plumbing part of it.

I called out a plumber who managed to sort it for us however I was under the sink last night and noticed that he has left one of the pipes blocked with what looks like debris and it is just hanging there.

From what I can gather, the pipe looks like some sort of waste from the boiler, is it safe to have it blocked like this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

F565FB6F-2ABA-46A8-A4AF-E1BB459ED1CB.jpeg

8757CC07-F206-4BCC-8345-9FB117F86F31.jpeg

2. TonyC

TonyC New Member

It looks like it could be the condensate drain pipe, the debris in it is probably a build up from the original sink waste. The pipe may be no longer in use. Try ringing the plumber and asking him.

3. rossross

rossross New Member

Thanks Tony, I have been on the phone to him and he is coming back to have a look

4. rossross

rossross New Member

I still haven't heard, could the pipe being blocked be dangerous, cause any long lasting damage?

5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Depends if it's connected the other end

Yea if it is and you shouldn't run the boiler

No if it's not connected