Discuss Just say "NO!" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
The saga of the 3 day shower room continues, day 7.

So far it should have been 1st day strip out and get shower tray in, adjust pipes for new shower. 2nd day tile with ceramic tiles 600 x 300 in a 1200 x 800 shower complete with alcove. 3rd day grout, fit new shower, fit new shower door and change his and hers basin 3 hole taps.

Easy!

1st day start stripping off tiles, walls rotten and mouldy, strip tray out and its through the floor in two places. Disappear for some hardi board, plywood and cls. Tiles arrive mid afternoon 80 x 40, limestone and "I want them laying running bond". No problem lady but its extra for restructuring and boarding walls, extra for rebuilding floor and a damn site more for the smaller tiles that will need machine cutting. Clean up and RUFO.
2nd day finish boarding and fixing floor, modified shower pipework, fitted tray and started tiling.
3rd day finish tiling (well I thought so). "Those tiles look really lovely, even better if you do them other two half walls as well!"
4th day finish tiling, definitely this time, grout inside shower enclosure, unpack basin tap and waste sets and shower door make sure everything is ok and in one piece. Frameless 1200 pivot door bracing piece is no good as no wall to fit it due to alcove, inform customer that needs a brace onto ceiling or opposing wall (my choice).
5th day grout two extra walls, reall good clean up and carry rest of door upstairs. Mess around with door for 4 hours trying to get it to fit. Had specifically asked for door that adjusts down to 1160 to fit the hole. Too much trouble that, only goes down to 1180. Get really cheesed off, nobody around so go home.
6th day (Good Friday) hadn't planned to work today but desperate to get finished and get shower back in use. A couple of good hours with the angle grinder gets the door in, looks fantastic and no signs of the angle grinder being in use. Seal all the shower job done. Just the basins to sort, toilet flush handle and toilet seat to change.
7th day, today, "you've marked my lino", well I don't know how? "I want a new bit of lino and your paying", pause for half a minute do I calm down "yes we can sort this" or "your having a laugh, I'll write a bill for what I've done (double time friday will cover the poxy lino) and I'll Foxtrot Oscar", well it must have been the long weekend as the rest mist faded and "no problem, we'll get that sorted" and on I went. Hot and cold water off, pipes cut, valves on, water on, "is that kettle broke, I can get my electrician to have a look at it? Oh it's working, T one sugar thanks". Basins won't come out of the worktop, never mind, sorted first basin, too a bit longer than I planned probably because we're not talking good quality gear. Comes to do the second one and the bloody rod for the pop up waste wont go through the hole as they've drilled it in the wrong place when the spouts pu on, which looks.... anyway. Bloods boiling, she's gone out, thats it I'm off for some dinner. Comes back and she's been and gone. Boxes all over the bathroom with x's on the wall and notes on each box. "Whilst your on can fit, towel rail, towel holder, 4 hooks, toilet roll holder etc etc. Absolutely bouncing by now and then her mother in law walks in, "Oh she's left you some notes", aye your not kidding, its all extra though.
I need to speak to her I say on she gets her on the phone "your taps are garbage and one is no good" "I'll get another one ordered". Back upstairs and fit the extras, clean up and she's back on the phone. "I'll pick it up late Thursday afternoon, you'll be here tea time to fit them"......................pause................."No, not a cat in hells chance, sorry luv, the weeks full and next week isn't looking any better"..........."well its only a two minute job".............pause................"well if its that easy fit them yourself".............."but you cant leave me with no basin"..................."I haven't, the right hand ones working just fine".........................."but thats my husbands"......................"well share then".
Went on like this for a while, I told her I would leave a bill, which needed to be paid immediately, and an extra chargeable visit to fit the replacement taps.

Just say "NO", I love it.

Rant over, sorry it was a long one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rofl people actually use two different basins? Sad *******s! hahahah, been doing a conventional to combi swap all day not too bad minus the coming home stinking part haha.

Rant and a half

I cant believe you expect her to use her husbands basin though? What kinda of a person are you? :D

Felt better for it.

Aye I know, especially when I could have pulled a few fancy bends and dropped a couple of bits of copper onto the BOF and left a screwdriver under the sink!

You cant edit posts in the plumbers arms? :(, just noticed ive swore again not good!

I already got told off for it, just a bad habit! Hard to get out of the routine of swearing especially when your scottish! First thing i say when i drop something in work is for "Naughty" sake! haha

bathrooms are a pain in the arse but it keeps the wolf from the door,sometimes hard to estimate due to the extras and agro involved god i hate bathrooms but they often lead to full heating installs or follow them i am lucky theres 3 of us in the business me who tends to do all the servicing/repairs boiler changes,rads etc,the old man who concentrates on bathrooms/tiling/general plumbing and the apprentice i dont work with them often so dont know what his job description is LOL but most of the time its a good blend

i love reading/writing venting posts they always make me smile and always make you realise your really not alone lol. theres "twtas" everywhere - hey i didnt swear i miss spelt it! :)

I once fitted his and hers pans.....is hit you not.
Big tudor house in Tattenhall

Gonny throw me the Sun over if your finished with it:D:D

lol I once fitted his and his pans and basins!!! penthouse suite in Soho

I think your all miserable gits..... two different sinks, what is the problem we live in 2 different houses....... MMmmmmmmm, we get together on Sunday evening between 10pm and 10.15 for happy time...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just say "NO!" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock