Search the forum,

Discuss Just seen full bathroom done in JG, not one insert. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have used inserts Watertight, although do in copper next time.:nono:

:lol:

Ticking timebomb and last to touch gets full blame. Who are these cowboys!!??

Horrendous. Plastic has its uses but copper every time otherwise

What was weird was all the compression fittings were verging on under-tightened. Usually the sign of amateur is massive over-tightening. The skilled blokes fittings are easy to undo. Made me wonder if he didn't have any inserts so just nipped them up and then left job. Home owner didn't want to go into details about but just said he wasn't using him again. Mind you system was filled up so if plumber did that he did it hoping for a revenge flooding.

On looking at his other work in bathroom the bloke wasn't unskilled at all. But he wasn't plumber. I reckon he was a builder/handyman who had seen someone whack in speedfit (perhaps not noticing the insert part) and thought 'I can do that.'

Custard took a while to believe me I think. As usual they just think, "It's been fine so far..."

I said don't take my word for it, phone up some plumbers and ask a few, look up the MI for speedfit.

I was ripping out a bathroom a few years ago and noticed the hot and cold feeds to the bath were run in over flow pipe and speedfit. Good job i was not doing a convert to combi.

overflow pipe? that speedfit is good stuff. people criticise it but from what i hear it can spend ten years holding onto a ***berland sausage with bit of ptfe thrown in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just seen full bathroom done in JG, not one insert. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I know this ain't plumbing. But some of you may know. I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock