Search the forum,

Discuss Keeping text messages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Do you keep your text messages, or just delete them fairly quickly?
Remember they are a record of communications with a customer & can be used, like email letters as such.

Yes. I dont do a lot with custs via text but I have a couple of important ones that are nearly three years old.

I regularly download them to pc or if I cant do that and I know its important I take screen shots of it and save the pic.

I've got texts on my iphone that are a good few years old. If I lost the phone, I wouldn't weep over losing the texts, but when I dock the phone with itunes, it saves them, so when I upgrade the messages automatically get put on the new phone. Which is a bit bonkers, but has proved handy a couple of times. Therefore I'll just leave the messages on there forever. I delete spam, but thats it.

Delete them ASAP. Normally from customers asking for a jump or picture messages of hooters?

I WISH

I regularly download them to pc or if I cant do that and I know its important I take screen shots of it and save the pic.

I like that idea of simply taking a photo of texts etc!

Reason why I have mentioned being aware of texts is they can & will become invaluable someday. They are fairly good evidence.
Photos also should be kept stored somewhere as records as they are a nasty surprise to any would be conman, who may later argue what was done, when & to what quality.

Something I've done for years, is photograph and catalogue everything. I mentioned it in the top tips section.

It takes up a bit of storage space and is a pain, but it gives me a record when I'm looking back on work, or quoting, or whatever. I've done it since before digital cameras were common. I did just throw out a load of printed photos though in fairness. A digital record is cheap and easy to keep.

I have used photographs as proof of work & it must have been a shock to the customer when they saw them! They assume you have no evidence & when you produce the photographic proof i bet they soon realise they are not so clever.
As you say Danny, it costs nothing nowadays to take lots of digital images.

Yes I keep some. The most memorable one was from someone I don't think I new. Thanking me for the incredible sex we had last night. Trouble is I don't remember. Passed it by the wife, she new nothing, but said you were with me, so that can't be right.

Yes I keep some. The most memorable one was from someone I don't think I new. Thanking me for the incredible sex we had last night. Trouble is I don't remember. Passed it by the wife, she new nothing, but said you were with me, so that can't be right.

Those are the sort of texts tbh I would like to keep, but if the woman in the text isn't the woman currently sharing my bed, then it's very risky! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Keeping text messages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock