Search the forum,

Discuss Kerosine or light oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
what do you guys set your anaylser at when servicing an oil domestic boiler?

I know the print out on Testo states CO2 max possible (theoretical) with kerosine is 15.4 %
So I must be set to kerosine.
I hope I am on correct setting. o_O

It does what it says on the tin.

I was renting it from heating world of spares which included calibration.

It's now mine and calibration is due in a month, son hopefully not too much.

Testo, mostly set to Kerosine on domestic premises using 28sec, why would you set it to anything other than what is being burnt?

Interesting, anyone carried out a comparison to see what the difference between Kerosine and light oil is on the results?

I think paraffin and Kerosene are the same viscosity.

On my Testo 327-1 there are setting for:
Kero
Light Oil
Heavy Oil
Pellets
Propane
Butane
Nat Gas.

Paraffin and 28sec kero are much the same. What we in the U.K. know as Paraffin (dum dum dum dum....Esso Blue) is just more refined than heating kero and is better suited for indoor appliances like Tilley Lamps and greenhouse heaters as it smokes less, but chemically it’s the same stuff.
35sec diesel is light oil - sometimes called gas-oil or Marine gas-oil (MGO). Intermediate fuel oil (IFO) is a medium weight oil (like engine oil). Heavy fuel oil (HFO) is ‘orrible thick industrial stuff than needs to be pre-heated.

Some analysers don’t discriminate between ‘Kero’ and ‘Light Oil’ as there’s not much difference in the figures produced.

Last edited:

Reply to Kerosine or light oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock