Search the forum,

Discuss Kersan Basin - Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wateece

Afternoon All

We brought a house with a Kerasan wash basin, from what I can find on the net they are a fancy Italian designer basin that have no install instructions but lots of glossy stuff!!! As I sat watching TV the other night and my wife was upstairs water poured through the roof at a rate. Due to its design I couldn't see any obvious leaks but when I ran the tap it started to leak between the join to the plinth.

This morning I have take it off to find the following:
IMAG1852.jpg

The Plinth had water all in its sump along with shaving remnants all along the rim of the plinth where it meets the basin.

IMAG1850.jpg

The actual plug hole sits below the level of the plinth so It cant be that, unless gravity laws have changed and water now runs uphill.

So my attention was drawn to these tow holes in the basin:
IMAG1851.jpg

It would appear that due to only a slight blockage in the U- bend, water had been travelling down the over flow outlet into the actual basin it self and over time was flowing over out of these two holes. So:

1. Has anyone come across this before?
2. Is it a design flaw or has it been fitted wrong and something is missing?
3. Is my theory pants and I need to look elsewhere?

I cant see anything else obviously at fault. As I said the u bend was a little blocked with a child's syringe and some hair clips. I don't want to put it all back together if I need to look elsewhere.

Cheers

Will

bit weird that one. are you sure its coming out of the 2 holes? i'd be amazed if it was. I'd reassemble the waste and trap with the basin off the wall and cap the the waste outlet. fill it with water and see if it does come out of those holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kersan Basin - Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and wall at the bottom on inside , can’t spot any leakages here. It runs down the wall downstairs beneath shower in lines , when water is sprayed at the...
Replies
Views
Bungalow built in 2001. All copper pipework (water and heating) runs in channels of expanded foam polystyrene between a concrete floor and OSB boards. Pipe are lagged in stitched felt and what looks like bubble wrap with sand (?) over the top. During the bathroom refit, I lifted up some of the...
Replies
Views
J
HI there I have a 10 year old Vado elements 3 hole basin mixer with quarter turn taps. One of the taps is leaking, but there doesn't seem to be a way to remove it because there is no grub screw or other obvious method. The mixer is tiled into place...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
I have fitted a new set of mono mixer taps to new bathroom basin pedestal and for some reason, I’m unable to get the tap hole/base ring watertight regardless how I adjust the supplied horseshoe tap fixing plate/washers. (tested this by pouring some water over the tap base ring area and it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock