Discuss Keston separate temperature for heating & hot water in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

In an effort to control my extremely high gas consumption, I turned down the "flow setpoint" temperature on my Keston Heat 55 boiler from 70 degrees to 48 degrees.

I have underfloor heating and this new temperature seems to be high enough for that, at least for now. The boiler also heats water intended for hot water consumption (which is stored in a Megaflo Eco Plus cylinder), and the new 48 degree temperature means that this water is not as hot as I'd like it to be. The cylinder temperature is set to around 60 degrees.

Is there a way to set a Keston Heat 55 boiler to heat the water intended for hot water consumption to a higher temperature than the hot water which goes to the underfloor heating? This would save me keeping the boiler's "flow setpoint" at 70 degrees the whole time, which is hotter than appears to be necessary for my underfloor heating (and seemed to be associated with very high gas consumption), but still allow me to have hot water at a suitable temperature.

Sorry for the basic question - I've tried looking this up in the Keston boiler manual but couldn't work it out from there.

Won’t do both temperatures you should have a ufh mixer in place which will regulate the ufh to correct temperature if set up need to keep the boiler at 65 dc flow temp as you have a cylinder

UFH if set up properly should give very high boiler efficiencies as the return temperature will normally be 40C or less, the boiler flow temperature at 65C should give the same low return temperature as set to 48C if the UFH mixing temperature isn't set higher than this, normal setting might be 40/45C I think.

Reply to Keston separate temperature for heating & hot water in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock