Currently reading:
Kingspan HP200 30 tube install

Discuss Kingspan HP200 30 tube install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

edwardk

Hi, I have a 300 litre heat store and want to install a 30 tube KSpan HP200 panel.

The quotes I have locally are high so I was toying with the idea of doing it myself.

## How easy is it?
(I have done all the plumbing so far in my house - 15/22mm yorkshire etc).

I've found a roofer to move my velux slightly so I have space to fit the panel and also he will fit the panel frame.

## Is there any lead work around the piping going in to the roof ?

I've seen kits online but they don't mention the filler.

##What is a solar filler and do I need to buy one ?

Thanks,
Ed

I offered to help him (his apprentice is off ill) and could have helped him on Mon/Tues/Weds. He promised to turn up today but a 'no show'....

Can someone answer why the insulation has to go all the way through the lead slate ?

Thanks,
Ed

im sorry but im losing patience with you, please ditch the ***** and get someone in who is qualified, if you want to stick with this muppet you deserve all you get, I cant believe after what theyve done and all these posts youve let him carry on

Haaaaaaa!

I read about this on another thread, it's become legendary. The install started off looking terrible, looking a bit better but not great.

It is hard getting the stainless to look neat, but looks like your man could have put alot more effort in.

Here's a one I did about 2 months ago.
5e46c03d.jpg

If you use this slates, you can butt the insulation up either side of it, and they have a separate hole for sensor wire.

I would take people advice, this chap has no intention or maybe not capable in doing a 'proper job'. Get somebody else in to finish.

Well everybody does it their own way, I like the solardec flashings very much, had one split but they replaced it.

Jimbob, is that an air bleed point in the elbow in the photo ?

where do you get them ?

ha ha - excellent idea, but not sure how customer will react when told they have to get up on roof to dry their towels !

ha ha - excellent idea, but not sure how customer will react when told they have to get up on roof to dry their towels !

Wouldn't be that keen getting up there to vent them myself!

Yes they come in the kit. Only really for initial purging of air. The solar filling pump removes the rest.

A drain back requires an aav ( ideally solar rated) to be placed internally, need to be at the highest point iirc.

I personally wouldn't touch a drain back system, they are noisy and I'd imagine they would wear pumps alot quicker, the hp's are good, because when they overheat, the phials apparently pull away from the manifold to stop heating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kingspan HP200 30 tube install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back