Discuss landlord cert like an MOT?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon F

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
did a landlord cert recently, landlady suggest we make next appointment a bit before the 12 months expire next time.
She said previous engineer had said landlord cert was like the MOT on your car, can do it up to a month early but date it as previous??
it was new to me.
Surely the landlord cert is dated the day its done whereas the MOT is based on an expiry date?

anyway is she right and this is just something I never heard of, or is it a load of rubbish?

New one on me, always dated when work done though I try and book in as close to the expiry date as possible.

My take on this is that the CP12 certificate is valid from the date of inspection for 364 days.

I could be wrong, but my missus is out so I cannot confirm my opinion.

No way that's not right. What would someone say if they saw a pre dated certificate. Or am I reading this wrong?

Thanks for the replies
confirms what I thought, that it was wrong!
its just that she had said a previous engineer had mentioned it. I hope it was a misunderstanding on her part.

Or a landlord trying to pull a fast one, surely not?

you have to date it on the day. you can not garantee what happens the next day, bird down the chimney etc..... you leave yourself open if you put the wrong date on.

always cover your backside simon, never leave any doubts.

she is proberbly thinking the rules are the same too, just assuming!.

if not, then fail it charge for a retest and fail it again. this seems to happen a lot on my mot's ;(

landlord cert is within 12 months of previous but i would always date it on the day of cert no matter what landlord wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to landlord cert like an MOT?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock