Search the forum,

Discuss leaak of 1 litre/minute shows at meter with stopcock turned off in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Our meter is in the pathway approx 50 metres from a two and a half year old house. Water bill has risen sharply in last 6 months. (Almost doubled).
Turned off stopcock in the house, checked meter, shows 1 litre per minute flow. Not sure where the pipe runs are (5 houses in the development). Who is responsible for the pipe from the meter to the house? (Severn Trent Water if that has any bearing)?

Two possibilities:
1. stopcock is faulty and there is a leak in the house.
1a. Close stopcock, turn on kitchen cold tap, let residual water run out, then a container under the open tap to see if anything comes out.
1b. If faulty stopcock, check WCs for water running into the pan even after cistern has refilled.
2. There is a leak between the meter and the stopcock. This will be your responsibility, not the water board's.

Reply to leaak of 1 litre/minute shows at meter with stopcock turned off in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water meter. Then another person called me to schedule a visit and they told me that its not their problem as both the water meter and the leaky stopcock are...
Replies
Views
Hi, my sons water meter keeps turning whilst no water being used. Switching off internal stopcock stops the meter. But no sign of water internally. useage bill has doubled for last 6 month’s so a sizeable amount of water disappearing. Could this be a meter fault, bu5 why stop when stopcock...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue with the water pressure. Toward the end of last year the pressure had got worse. For instance, you could not run another tap in the house if a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock