Discuss lead stopcock sizes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have a few flats that all have lead pipework upstream and downstream from the stopcock. Now all stop cocks are seized so need replacing. What threads are the nuts on the lead going to be? Will it still be 1/2 inch and 3/4? The stop cocks them selves look actually quite long and chunky.

Cheers chaps. I hope you have all had a good weekend

can you post a piccy please mutley. i wouldn't have thought that they were connected by nut rather swept onto the lead. but i stand to be corrected lol

I've seen them sweated on and compression, I think it's the fine thread though.

What threads are the nuts on the lead going to be?
Are you having a laff. Lead is sweated (soldered) on. Just strip and repair the stopcocks. There is not a valve out there that can't be put back into servicable condition in under 10 minutes.

Are you having a laff. Lead is sweated (soldered) on. Just strip and repair the stopcocks. There is not a valve oute there that can't be put back into servicable condition in under 10 minutes.

Oops, I was meant to say the brass nuts that are on the lead. Not threaded lead. I shall do as said though tamz, dismantle and grease up. Thanks

you cant buy lead union stopcocks any more occasionally youll get away with a yorkshire copper to copper union stopcock

run away, i say. fight another day. seek some other pay. don't delay. you'll thank me one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to lead stopcock sizes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock