Discuss leaking 28 junior in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
my mate just bought a house with a junior 28 combi, it had been standing for a while as the previous owner was in a home, the boiler is only 4 yrs old and is a really bad install , heating water is totally black , around the flue not sealed ect ect , I opened it up as he told me it would not come on, pressure was on 0 . topped it up , and fired it, the fan shorted and did a loud bang, and the pump had burnt out, replaced both and stuck an analyser on it, everything was ok , I told him id service it in a week when I had more time and clean the system out ect , plus he had some other bits to do . three days later he calls me , pressure gone down again ( I suspect this to be a leak under the floor as the pipes and rads look really old and unprotected) told me there was a few drips of water coming out from around the pressure gauage. took the cover off and there had been about 20mm of water standing in the bottom of the boiler. the stain marks seem to be running down from the grey plastic flue joint inside , I thought maybe it could be a blocked condenstate trap , so I cleaned it all out and brushed inside of the burner out and poured water down to clean if you know what I mean. is there anything else it could be? thanks.

water coming in via flue?

It could be leaking from the heat exchanger I went to one that was doing this customer opted for WB fixed price repair around £280 at the time they replaced HX, fan and gas valve so was worth it

Check the rubber hose at the top of the heat x, easy to knock open slightly when changing parts.

If water coming from very top of boiler check flue. If the gutters overflowing near terminal it can run straight thru boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leaking 28 junior in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock