Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KatyLH

Hi,
I have recently had a new bath suite fitted since which time the bath has been leaking and the plumber that fitted it has said there is nothing more he can do :(
the bath is leaking from the plug hole. It leaks when the plug is in and when the bath is being drained or the shower is being used.
I think it must be something to do with weight as it doesn't elk when my youngest daughter is in the bath however with my older daughter myself or my husband it does.
the plumber said it was because the bath had too much flex in it so suggested we put bricks under the bath to hold the weight, that hasn't worked!
He then came and sealed the rubber things (sorry don't know what they are called) from the plug hole to the waste pipe. This still hasn't worked. Now he says he an do nothing else! Please help.
thank you

He's a plumber for sure but he can't be bothered to help me anymore :( now I'm stuck with a leaky bath

Hi KatyLH and welcome to the forums..where are you based and maybe one of the guys or girls on here might be able to come and quote to rectify the problem and you can counter claim the cost from the original installer...regards Turnpin:8:

You've paid for a service. You need to write to him and give him notice that if he is unable to carry out a water tight repair in the next xx days then it is your intention to employ somebody that can and to recover the costs of the repair from him.

Hi, I'm in norfolk near Great Yarmouth, thank you Simon G worth a try!

Hi, I'm in norfolk near Great Yarmouth, thank you Simon G worth a try!

To be honest it's worth more than a try. Just type something up, print it off and down the post office to send it recorded delivery (makes it look like you mean business). But you have to inform him before anybody else touches it. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

what may be the problem is... the plug hole cut out is porous and water is leaking into the fiber glass and by-passing the trap causing leaks.
this problem lies with the manufacturer which should be called in if it is proved the cause. it may be solved by the plumber sealing with plenty of silicone prior to fitting the waste but not always as simple.

it also says to me that the bath is a cheap type around £100 and made with a 5mm skin?

Yes REDSAW it has 5mm skin and was a cheap bath, does that mean there is no hope?

it is never worth fitting 5mm baths when 8mm only costs £25 more.

get some one who knows how to do it properly for £50 and get it sorted.

i will be your way next june?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hello, I'm wondering if you can help me. I have an insurance company who is trying to get me to make my plumber re-quote for work to replace a...
Replies
Views
I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock