Discuss leaking external stop cok in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbingdazman

Hi everyone,

I replaced an internal plastic stopcock for a new brass one last night as the internal one had been leaking. i turned the external stopcock off while i was working on the internal one, after i finished i turned the external one on again to check that there were no leaks (which there werent). On way out of property i checked the external one was open all the way and to my suprise the handle was slightly submerged in water, so now i believe the external stopcock is leaking.

Now what i want to know is, is this a job for the water board as its on the main supply i suppose and will the customer be charged for having this fixed.

I cant understand why it started leaking.

Any ideas/suggestions would be helpful

Darren

Re: Leaking External stopcock

If its outside your boundary then water board should fix it.

Re: Leaking External stopcock

If its outside your boundary then water board should fix it.

Tell them you have a leak and it needs doing to repair,that way they come out quicker,can be a long wait,if you just ring them up requesting street valve repaired

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leaking external stop cok in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our...
Replies
Views
Hi, as you can see pictured I have a stopcock without a packing gland. Over the past few days my cistern inlet was suffering from an airlock and...
Replies
Views
I have a seemingly impossible problem. I am not a plumber but I can at least understand some of it. We have just had the Water Board inspector...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back