Discuss Leaking Flue pipe from Boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Had a plumber come round today to service our boiler and it turns out he's had to turn it off as unsafe due to some water leaking on the outside of the flue pipe. At the time the plumber said that the instillation was done terribly and that if I really wanted I could report the job as unsafe to some sort of health authority (I forget the name). I don't plan on doing this but I also don't want to have to pay again for the company to come fix the job that wasn't done right in the first place. Was just trying to understand if leaking flue pipes were seriously dangerous / common?

I have a Combi boiler that was installed in August 2019. Don't think the boiler is covered by any kind of warranty.

Be keen to get thoughts

Any pictures of what he’s found ?

Any pictures of what he’s found ?
Thanks for replying, attached two photos, can see the water lines on the flue pipe on the first and then just grabbed on above the ceiling

Attachments

• 20210302_202940.jpg
    20210302_202940.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20210302_203003.jpg
    20210302_203003.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 33
Leaking flues are very dangerous and your engineer was only doing his job, this will need sorting by a GSI I'm afraid . Kop
Sorry but what do you mean by GSI?

They're coming back tomorrow to fix the flue pipe and the work they did first of all but nervous about paying a bill for them fixing something which was done dangerously the first time.

Thanks for replying, appreciate it!

What’s written on the fittings ?

Sorry but what do you mean by GSI?

They're coming back tomorrow to fix the flue pipe and the work they did first of all but nervous about paying a bill for them fixing something which was done dangerously the first time.

Thanks for replying, appreciate it!
Gas safe installer , don't be taken advantage of when a new gas appliance is installed it needs to meet certain standards which we all have to work to its the Gas safety regulations and use 1998 . What boiler do you have fitted ?? All gas boilers must be fitted to the manufacturers instructions and use only the materials specified by them especially ones which have plastic flues. Kop

Gas safe installer , don't be taken advantage of when a new gas appliance is installed it needs to meet certain standards which we all have to work to its the Gas safety regulations and use 1998 . What boiler do you have fitted ?? All gas boilers must be fitted to the manufacturers instructions and use only the materials specified by them especially ones which have plastic flues. Kop
We have a Keston Combi C30 installed at the moment. That's what the same company that said the job hadn't been done right in the past installed a few years prior.

Am I within my rights to fight to not have to pay and get them to fix their mistake?

Reply to Leaking Flue pipe from Boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock