Discuss Leaking pipe - how do I know if it's from my flat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smurphy1980

I have a flat I rent out (1st fl. in a victorian conversion). New combi was fitted before Christmas, all working fine. Tenants then went away for Christmas so flat was empty. Owner of flat below called me claiming there was a leak from my bathroom in to her flat. This cannot be from the waste water outlets as they were not in use. I'm therefore assuming it must be the mains? Neighbour below also claims leak stopped when she turned off mains to my flat but I can't verify this. Tenants are now back, mains supply back on and no water leak at the moment. How can I see if there was a leak in my flat from the mains withoiut ripping up the tiled bathroom floor? Any other idea's where the leak could be from?

Thanks!

welcome.

the flat owner bellow cannot shut of the water supply to the flat above, think about it.

ah i see,
its a weeping joint then un der the floor proberbly.
the best thing to do is to wait and see it leaking, dont just take others word for it before you rip up floors.

If it leaks again, offer to put the ceiling right at repaint it at your expense and use this as a ruse to access the leak from below without ripping up your tiled floor. Cheaper to make a hole in the ceiling, get an experienced plasterer to fix it and repaint it yourself.

This is what a mate did once - person below was happy as they thought he'd gone to all that effort just for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking pipe - how do I know if it's from my flat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock