Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking TF1 Filter after boiler service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Plumber came to service our worcester bosch boiler the other day. He mentioned that the TF1 magnetic filter was leaking. This had not been the case before he came. I addition he also said he put some sealant round the cap to stop it leaking. Whilst he was here we heard some really loud banging. I though this was particularly unusual just for a service. I questioned what this banging was about and he then said that they had to hit the filter with a hammer to get it off (bear in mind it is only plastic) and said that they usually come with a wrench to remove the cap. I told him that we had one and he should have asked for it. Anyway service done, all sorted, however I wasn't certain about how leak proof the TF1 was so left all the stuff out the cupboards and put a contained underneath. Upon closer inspection it appeared to be leaking around the rim of the cap, directly below where there are witness marks from the hammering they did.
I'm no plumber, but surely this isn't standard practice?
Anyway, I rang him up and said its leaking and asked him to come out and have a look.
My partner feels like we the plumber will make us pay for this, I on the other hand think not.
Let me know your thoughts?

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking TF1 Filter after boiler service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual safety check before the fault developed. He said the boiler is ok with no fault. He said there must be a leak under the floor boards causing hot...
Replies
Views
G
I recently had a service on my worcester bosch boiler by Warmserve supposedly reputable which is under guarantee and before the service I had no problems but straight after the service I had a leak from the boiler which when the service engineer came back told me I needed a new condensate trap...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock