Discuss Learning to wire........ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is. Very easy to do, you just need the confidence. If you can wire a full system and understand how it works, then you will have no trouble with fault finding.

What he said^^

Until you come across one like I did last week, all wired in singles,all the same colour, and all into choccy blocks. Had to "ring out" all the cables to see what was what :-(

Draw the wiring diagrams out from memory.

you'll cry at first but when you can do it off the top of your head it will be second nature at work.

Cheers guys, some good advice there

Draw the wiring diagrams out from memory. you'll cry at first but when you can do it off the top of your head it will be second nature at work.
Don't draw it to the std honeywell drawing as very few are wired like that. Most new builds of the past 20 30 years or so will have been wired by sparks who will have a pile of 3 cores run here there and everywhere and stuck in a bit of strip. Follow the flashing lines on the link i gave above and learn what switches what and when..

Riley, When you did the Honeywell course, did they give you the sheets that you filled in yourself, to show s and y plans?

Riley, When you did the Honeywell course, did they give you the sheets that you filled in yourself, to show s and y plans?
From memory no, got lots of handouts and a memory stick full of stuff

Pm me your email, and I will scan them over to you, this evening. Very basic , but VERY easy to fault find with them.

Don't draw it to the std honeywell drawing as very few are wired like that. Most new builds of the past 20 30 years or so will have been wired by sparks who will have a pile of 3 cores run here there and everywhere and stuck in a bit of strip. Follow the flashing lines on the link i gave above and learn what switches what and when..

But the principle od what goes where is still there.
I've only ever used my own wiring diagrams i made....
Minus the w plan.
i'll dig em out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Learning to wire........ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back