Search the forum,

Discuss Left hose on advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

im hoping someone on here can help me.

Basically I have just noticed that I have left the outside tap turned on to our garden hose for roughly two days. Only noticed because the 1 slab was wet.

the actual hose wasn't running (pressed) just drip leaking from the pressure.

i am hoping i will just be charged for the drips and not the fact the tap was turned on?? And it shouldn't cost too much extra?
Also, will the actual water pipe be affected from the pressure?

sorry I don't know anything regarding plumbing...

thanks in advance.

If it's been warm where you are you may have expanded the hose slightly, other than that, a few drips as you mention shouldn't' even notice on a water bill

Thanks, thats good to know!
I'm not too bothered about the hose was just scared of the potential water bill not being too sure how it works. I guess the hose is just acting as a extended pipe until pressed? And I'm only charged when I see the actual water not when it is in the pipes?

the water in the pipes will have gone through the water meter so you will be charged for it but it will be a relatively small amount.

Last time I went to a leak on and incoming water main it cost them £4,500 through the meter!
But to put your mind at rest take a reading and give your supplier a call.

I once went to a call where the home owner said they had a letter from the water board telling her she'd used an extra 14 litres of water last quarter. I knew that couldn't be right and hoped it wasn't what I thought it was just on the phone to her.

I went straight round and she showed me her water bill. She'd used an extra 14 units (14,000 litres!) and as I suspected she thought they were talking litres not cubic metres of water.

I started out looking around the bungalow and could hear water escaping somewhere. I tracked it down to the gas boiler filling loop. It was letting by almost at full bore and the water must be going out the pressure relief pipe. I had a look outside for the other end of the discharge and couldn't find it. I followed the pipe down from the boiler and under the floor where it terminated............................in the void under the house.

I told her to call her insurers.

In your case Mac456, as the other folks have said you won't have a large bill from that drip on the hose but my customer did have a bill for 14,000 extra litres usage and possibly all sorts of problems with the wet house.

Thanks for all the advice.

I decided to take alook at the meter reading in the street and it was about normal for the current 3month period (actually slightly less) 28m3 increase since last checked (beginning of June)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Left hose on advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a PRV located in a heated plant room that is between a pair of stop cocks. It was installed to keep pressure under 3 Bar a couple of years ago but I have noticed an area of verdigris on the piece from the main body to the gauge. I wondered if this might be sign of a leak / trouble or...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn the water off to avoid potential catastrophic damage. When I go away I have always tended to turn ours off, that's typically anything from a couple of...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just had a neighbour knock the door regarding a water hammer issue. My own house developed this issue sometime last year as well which is when the neighbours roughly started. Severn Trent were doing bits and bobs out in the street back then but this is probably a coincidence. Our water...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock