Discuss Liability renewal. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's all well in good you saying that but how do you actually know they won't pay if I claim. I actually got recommended to them by somebody on this very site.

All insurers are the devils in disguise.
Im under no illusion that if they are misled or misinformed they will not pay out.
If your claim meets the small print - they will.
Ive never had an issue ever with the cheapest.
Only one ever was a GAP policy where my insurer paid out in about 4 days (money in my bank) but the GAP twisted and moaned because the supplying dealer didnt absolutely fully complete the sales invoice and they were trying to say it was fraudulent. Bizarre to say the least but a complaint to the then FSA remedied it in my favour very fast.

Id say 100% of the time insurers wont pay out is because people didnt read the small print (people i know - edit)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's all well in good you saying that but how do you actually know they won't pay if I claim. I actually got recommended to them by somebody on this very site.

other little trick they use is to wack things up if you change the policy, simply business increased my excess from £250 to £2500 when I added a works experience lad to the policy years back, and refused to go back to the original contract when I didnt take the lad for obvious reasons. The problem with cheap policies is they are taking the same risks as more expensive insurers, but not getting the income. Of course when you claim, your premiums rocket, but you cant swap insurers for a year or so as new ones wont take you on!!

Thanks for the advice lame. I'm always open to advice. Could you
let me know your insurer through message for the future so I don't get caught out. Cheers mate

Well out of curiosity tradesman saver came in at £245.00.
So axa provide the same level of cover for considerably less, no doubt im not paying for a small brokers running costs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Liability renewal. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock