Search the forum,

Discuss linking a 3 zoned heating system to a indirect cylinder in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey how would a zoned heating system with 3 zones heated by a system boiler be linked to an indirect hot water cylinder. Would a seperate flow and return need to be taken from the boiler to the cylinder. Or could the flow and return to the cylinder be off one of the heating zones? Thanks for any help on this I havent linked a boiler with multiple heating zoned to an indirect cylinder before. Just a single zoned one piped up like an S-plan.

cylinder requires seperate controls via a timer, cylinder stat and whatever zone valve you want to fit.

i would either run boiler primarys to cylinder cub, and all heating zones aswell and fit the plan there or run all zones inc. cylinder to boiler and fit the plan next to the boiler.

It all depends on space really. But its always best to keep controls in one place.

ok thanks, so it would need a seperate flow and return from the boiler to the cylinder with a two port valve near the cylinder on the flow? All the heating zone valves will be near the boiler piped up through a low loss header each zone having its own pump.

James1, the use of a LLH changes things some what. What kind of header are you using & why ? (is it just 2 in -2 out)
Depending on the size of the system you can just have one pump for the heating but I would stick to separate F&R to cylinder with pump & 2 port to suit.
IMHO the term primaries don't really apply in LLH unless you say it is the pipework to & from the boiler only ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to linking a 3 zoned heating system to a indirect cylinder in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock