Search the forum,

Discuss Local council ....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
any of you guys know what a spinning cap or spin- cap is .

youve lost me :D

chance of a pic?

youve lost me :D

chance of a pic?

Nah I am trying to find out what one is....
More info ,
My Pal works for council and theres a burd who has moved into a council property , it was empty and the council cant put the gas on before next Wednesday.
She is willing to pay a GS guy but the council say we dont keep these “ spinning cap / top “ tool .
I aint a clue, never heard of anything like it . Might be council bullshitting her

its not a gas fire cowl the spinny type?

Nah I am trying to find out what one is..
More info ,
My Pal works for council and theres a burd who has moved into a council property , it was empty and the council cant put the gas on before next Wednesday.
She is willing to pay a GS guy but the council say we dont keep these “ spinning cap / top “ tool .
I aint a clue, never heard of anything like it . Might be council bullshitting her
They have done worse things in the past.

This is a long shot: Does the house have an entry tee? There is a threaded cap on the top that you remove to gain access to a shut off screw (?) (it is late and I cannot think of the correct term :) ). Similar but much bigger than a gas fire isolation elbow.
http://www.fulcrum.co.uk/media/7082/House Entry Tee.pdf

upload_2017-12-14_23-19-24.jpeg

Grid guys have a special size Allen key,but can be removed easily.
However, if that has been closed, it will be noted by Nat Grid / Cadent, and there may be a reason for its closure

It maybe called a different name throughout the country, I am told the council use them to turn gas off and I presume it stops them nicking it , is it instead of a disc .

I now work for the council. (Easy glide to retirement).

If I need to disc a meter, I use a , um , a disc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Local council ....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
B
Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock