Discuss Loctite 577 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Loctite 577, What are you paying.
Have you used it a lot and what do you think of it ?

Has anyone used Loctite 518 for anything ?

Just curious !

I use 577 for making valves into chrome towel rails and bib taps into back plates. Not had any leaks. But I'm not confident enough to use it for anthing hidden.

I use 577 for making valves into chrome towel rails and bib taps into back plates. Not had any leaks. But I'm not confident enough to use it for anthing hidden.

Do you trust me if yes your fine it's the only thing I use now for small stuff (2" and below) hasn't had a drip yep

Sounds impressive.
I take it you've thrown the boss white and hemp out then ?

Nope still on the van always carry a Hank of it :)

For steel and the big stuff

Good man, same here, Don't let the old habits die out.
Can't beat the smell it gives your van on a hot summers day mmmmmm!

Cleans your fingers as well (boss white)

Use 577 loads and had no issues, e bay is the cheapest place i've found. I buy the smaller pots then top them up from the larger ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loctite 577 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock