Discuss Logic Combi ESP1 35 always showing demand for Central heating in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

You currently have your multimeter set to Amps, and more specifically microamps, this could damage your meter. Select Voltage which is the V~ and use the 600 setting (600 is more than 230/240 vac). Yes the reading should be zero Volts, testing between the orange and blue.

I'm a bit slow electrically so can someone point out the actual colour codes from the (any) zone valve and point out clearly which are the permanently wired ones for supply to the microswitch and also the wires connected to each microswitch out, both orange wires appear to be connected together in one connector block, I can see the two brown wires separately connected into the blocks so presume that they are via the roomstats and drive the motors?.

Just opened the boiler front up and I've found that the room stat link is still hooked in using the standard pre-installed wire, so it's always going to be on regardless of what the rest of the system is doing.

I see that there's a connector block in the local fused spur which is connecting the black wire from the thermostat circuit to the wire connected to the boiler. This black wire is taped off at the boiler end. Do I simply need to connect this wire to the room stat connector using another piece of wire and a connector block to make the circuit?

Cheers

Shaun

Attachments

• download (6).png
    download (6).png
    752.9 KB · Views: 24
  • download (7).png
    download (7).png
    782.9 KB · Views: 26
Post #3 conclusive then? #smug I would be contact them to find out why the link was left in and room stats not connected , unless you know of any other reason?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just opened the boiler front up and I've found that the room stat link is still hooked in using the standard pre-installed wire, so it's always going to be on regardless of what the rest of the system is doing.

I see that there's a connector block in the local fused spur which is connecting the black wire from the thermostat circuit to the wire connected to the boiler. This black wire is taped off at the boiler end. Do I simply need to connect this wire to the room stat connector using another piece of wire and a connector block to make the circuit?

Cheers

Shaun
This "black wire from the thermostat circuit", is it live with either one of the stats calling and is it dead only when both switched out?.

Reply to Logic Combi ESP1 35 always showing demand for Central heating in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock