Search the forum,

Discuss Loud noise Hot tap sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dsd

Hi,
I replaced a washer on the hot tap sink ( mixer), since then when you turn hot tap on it makes a loud rattling noise( it's LOUD) but you turn the tap a little bit more and noise stops.
Done a bit of internet searching, so I'll give this info if it helps . The boilers pressure gauge is right at the bottom line of the green segment.
Any help?
Cheers

Do you have a high incoming pressure?

@rpm , no I don't think the tap has ceramic washers.

@ShaunCorbs , not sure what high pressure is but water shoots out at what seems to be "right"

How can changing tap washer cause this problem? (If it is the cause. But it started right then.) I thought it might be that I didn't tighten everything up, but no.
Internet reading says could be boiler pressure but I'm sure pressure is same as it's always been.
Anyhoo, my dads got that BG plumbcare policy so he can use them.
PS, couldn't believe how much he pays for boiler care. Damn, it's not cheap is it.

THANKS GUYS!

@ShaunCorbs , not sure what high pressure is but water shoots out at what seems to be "right"

How can changing tap washer cause this problem? (If it is the cause. But it started right then.) I thought it might be that I didn't tighten everything up, but no.
Internet reading says could be boiler pressure but I'm sure pressure is same as it's always been.
PS, couldn't believe how much he pays for boiler care. Damn, it's not cheap is it.

THANKS GUYS!

its what you pay them for had one customer once paying just under ÂŁ50 a month for drains elec plumbing (full hit) and she hadn't called them out for over a year

Could be that the washer isn't the correct one. If the washer is loose to the valve, it will oscillate, giving the hammer effect. Check and replace

Don't know your problem but I have seen that happen.

I think the washer had come off and stuck in the tap and when it was turned on and off it was fine because water was going through the hole in the middle of washer.
The washer was changed so it stayed fixed to tap and when turned on there was a larger hole for water to go through and water hammer as a result which was most likely put down to incorrectly laid pipe in the first place.

THANKS GUYS!
If it is a tap problem she needs a BG plumber, or Dyno engineer. NOT a boiler man. The BG boiler man will not work on taps he will just tell you to get a plumber which means you will have wasted a day waiting around.

If it is a tap problem she needs a BG plumber, or Dyno engineer. NOT a boiler man. The BG boiler man will not work on taps he will just tell you to get a plumber which means you will have wasted a day waiting around.

Boiler man will just say it is too snall a job for them even if they are able to do it.

It's not that it is to small a job. BG heating engineers are not allowed to do household plumbing work.

Really!
I took it for granted comparing BG engineer to self employed engineer.
I know some who would do it if they were there anyway but not turn up specifically for it.

Re
Really!
I took it for granted comparing BG engineer to self employed engineer.
I know some who would do it if they were there anyway but not turn up specifically for it.
REALLY. BG engineers are Gas trained and Dyno Rod engineers are Plumbing trained. That is how BG like it to be.

Re

REALLY. BG engineers are Gas trained and Dyno Rod engineers are Plumbing trained. That is how BG like it to be.

I just took it for granted that as I have seen self employed heating engineer do taps, that BG did as well.

Obviously, I thought BG wouldn't do it as a call out, but if they were already on site they would.
But I can see why they won't and like to have that separation, duties between heating engineers and plumbing engineers.

So how far do they go just out of curiosity. We have gas.
I assume boiler, open vent and F&E would be done.
Is there a demarcation at the hot water cylinder, would they stop short of heating coil or change cylinder, what if they had to alter open vent to CWSC?
Obviously, they wouldn't have anything to do with the CWSC, which I now realise.

Getting ahead of myself here I know, but just curious.

Yeah I have heard that.
And from a mates perspective they made a hard job of getting him a boiler as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loud noise Hot tap sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock