1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Loud noise Hot tap sink in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. dsd

dsd New Member

Hi,
    I replaced a washer on the hot tap sink ( mixer), since then when you turn hot tap on it makes a loud rattling noise( it's LOUD) but you turn the tap a little bit more and noise stops.
    Done a bit of internet searching, so I'll give this info if it helps . The boilers pressure gauge is right at the bottom line of the green segment.
    Any help?
    Cheers

2. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Ceramic washer bouncing?

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Do you have a high incoming pressure?

4. dsd

dsd New Member

@rpm@rpm , no I don't think the tap has ceramic washers.

@ShaunCorbs@ShaunCorbs , not sure what high pressure is but water shoots out at what seems to be "right"

How can changing tap washer cause this problem? (If it is the cause. But it started right then.) I thought it might be that I didn't tighten everything up, but no.
    Internet reading says could be boiler pressure but I'm sure pressure is same as it's always been.
    Anyhoo, my dads got that BG plumbcare policy so he can use them.
    PS, couldn't believe how much he pays for boiler care. Damn, it's not cheap is it.

THANKS GUYS!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

its what you pay them for had one customer once paying just under £50 a month for drains elec plumbing (full hit) and she hadn't called them out for over a year

6. M1keJ

M1keJ New Member

Could be that the washer isn't the correct one. If the washer is loose to the valve, it will oscillate, giving the hammer effect. Check and replace

• Agree Agree x 1