Search the forum,

Discuss Low carbon steel pipes and rad valves in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all hope all is well with everyone.
Im a plumbing and heating engineer and I have worked only on domestic systems but am currently crossing over to commercial plumbing.
I havent ever really done any steel pipework hence my question to you . .
How or what is the procedure to changing a rad valve on lcs pipework? I can see that they are wound onto pipe what I don't get is bearing in mind steel doesnt wiggle about like copper how can you wind the valve off without catching on the rad tail?
I hope that makes sense šŸ˜•

Normally union faces so you donā€™t need much clearance but you can spring the iron to the left or right a bit to give you a bit extra

Reply to Low carbon steel pipes and rad valves in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock