Discuss low flow rate on very old ravenheat combi! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

had to replace an old ravenheat combi today a week ahead of schedule as it had decided to flood the kitchen. Customers informed me it has always had a poor flowrate and no one could explain why. Long story short, out with the old and in with and intergas combi, set it up for HW only and did a test run. Turned on the stopcock hidden in the top corner of the boiler cupboard and off it went, brilliant flow rate and nice and hot. CW flow really good as well, turns out that for the last 12 years, the custards didnt realise the original installer had never turned on the stopcock properly and the flow was only very very slow, water was hot though, and they have even had it serviced every year regular as clockwork. they still think Ive installed a new wotsit thats increased their flowrate! :90: nobody even thought to check the stopcock was turned on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how it got commissioned beggars belief

Haha I do hope you charged for that wotsit! The amount of jobs that I've been to like that is ridiculous. And they always say "I never thought of checking that!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to low flow rate on very old ravenheat combi! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock