Discuss Low Flow Rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael Bohan

My downstairs water supply is about 3L/min.

I had the water company out today and they have told me that the pressure at the boundary is 3 bar.

I live in a new build property - is it possible that there is some kind of restrictor between he mains supply and my stop valve?

Would there be any other reason for such low flow from the mains supply?

Thanks

There shouldnt be any restriction.

Have you tested the flow on the pipe that feeds the tap rather than test from the tap? I.e maybe it's the tap.

I take it your testing from the kitchen tap?

What system do you have? Combi boiler?

There shouldnt be any restriction.

Have you tested the flow on the pipe that feeds the tap rather than test from the tap? I.e maybe it's the tap.

I take it your testing from the kitchen tap?

What system do you have? Combi boiler?

I've just taken some of the filters out of the end of the tap and I now get about 10 l/min so it looks like it is the tap! Thanks, I can now fill the kettle without dying of boredom!

Check the tap defuse (the bit you took off) isn't scaled up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low Flow Rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock