Discuss Low pressure but where’s filling loop?? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all and thanks so much in advance for any advice! My boiler’s pressure is below 0.5 but I can’t see where the filling loop might be. In the photo below I though perhaps I should attach one to what look like valves on the two identical pipes on the left, but these both carry hot water so I guess that’s not it. Excuse the beginner’s ignorance but I’m trying to get a grip on the basics here to maybe avoid having to pay for a plumber (if I can even get one) at this time of year! Also including photos of the hotvwater tank. Last 2 photos show the pipes leading into a pump for showers, don’t think this has anything to do with boiler pressure but including them just in case. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• ABC4C653-35CB-4F7C-B483-A9A6BD8C64BF.jpeg
    ABC4C653-35CB-4F7C-B483-A9A6BD8C64BF.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 42
  • 864CBE47-C6B1-4A79-A0C7-7AAFA69EC9A7.jpeg
    864CBE47-C6B1-4A79-A0C7-7AAFA69EC9A7.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 41
  • 5B2D6612-8485-4F4D-A812-4AA2B1F1CA9C.jpeg
    5B2D6612-8485-4F4D-A812-4AA2B1F1CA9C.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 658E17AD-75AB-4F7E-B17D-4C336C92D59C.jpeg
    658E17AD-75AB-4F7E-B17D-4C336C92D59C.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 9BFB6E42-CB75-4C57-9484-232B87E0BAB5.jpeg
    9BFB6E42-CB75-4C57-9484-232B87E0BAB5.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 38
Hi all and thanks so much in advance for any advice! My boiler’s pressure is below 0.5 but I can’t see where the filling loop might be. In the photo below I though perhaps I should attach one to what look like valves on the two identical pipes on the left, but these both carry hot water so I guess that’s not it. Excuse the beginner’s ignorance but I’m trying to get a grip on the basics here to maybe avoid having to pay for a plumber (if I can even get one) at this time of year! Also including photos of the hotvwater tank. Last 2 photos show the pipes leading into a pump for showers, don’t think this has anything to do with boiler pressure but including them just in case. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Tell us what type and model of boiler and the set up. Then we will guide you to where and how to give your system a squirt. centralheatking

Tell us what type and model of boiler and the set up. Then we will guide you to where and how to give your system a squirt. centralheatking
Thanks for replying, it’s a Vokera Minute 35HE Gas boiler- does that help?
[automerge]1576499297[/automerge]
Thanks for replying, it’s a Vokera Minute 35HE Gas boiler- does that help?
It’s a system boiler by the way with hot water storage tank upstairs in the hot press

Last edited:
I can't see a filling loop in any of those pictures I'm afraid. You are looking for something that most likely looks like this - https://www.wolseley.co.uk/wcsstore...roof-pdp-w/std.lang.all/12/91/171291_wpdp.jpg
I just checked your boiler it does not have an internal filling set up. So hopefully somewhere you will find
two x shut off valves a bit like washing machine isolators , even with a shiny silver flexy connector.
Now normally they are close together and under your boiler, but you might find them in a utility cupboard...sometimes and often the loop is missing or lost ...so look around for what Stigster has put up...and report back...we will get you there ...centralheatking

Could it possibly be fed from a (the) tank in the attic with a NR valve, this would give the minimum required pressure of 0.5 bar if the boiler is on the ground floor, it should have its own dedicated tank for this but I think shortcuts (wrongly) are sometimes employed where it is taken from the cold water storage tank, if so then the NRV may be sticking.
It is often teed into the cylinder coil.

Last edited:

Reply to Low pressure but where’s filling loop?? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Moved to flat recently, and the heating is not very good. I realized the pressure is too low, below 1 bar. It is Meibes, product number...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, We‘be recently moved into a property with a very old Potterton statesman. My husband bled the radiators last night…and since then he’s called...
Replies
Views
I’m doing a bathroom refit, and there’s some strange pipework design that I’d like some advice on, please. I want to remove the cold water pipe...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi Everyone, hopeing someone can help We have a Greenstar Ri Boiler and its lost pressure, pressure gauge on top of the boiler reads 0.6 bar and...
Replies
Views
I hope you can give me some advice. The day after a pump replacement last week, on my Halstead ace, the boiler and pipes made a hissing noise when...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock