Search the forum,

Discuss Low pressure Halstead combi HE in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,
I have been getting low pressure on my 12 year old Halstead HE combi boiler for about six months now. At first it was going down over the course of the week so needed topping up every week, when I started putting the heating on in winter, the pressure shot up in the space of half an hour. So needed turning off.

I called an engineer who came out and pressurized the expansion vessel which sorted the pressure going up. However it was still going down.

I had a small leak fixed in one radiator by a plumber a few days later as it was leaking a tiny amount from the bleed valve.

Another engineer came out and replaced the gas valve, did a service and put leak fluid into the system. This slowed the loss down. However a day or so later I noticed there was after a deep humming in the pipe when the hot water was turned on, this went a few days later to be replaced with a different noise in the pipes and radiators when the hot water tap was used and turned off and the boiler still running (cooling down fan for around 4 minutes).
Now the copper pipes and radiator is making a running water sound when the heating is turned on.

I also hear a sharp shut off knock under the bathroom floorboard whenever my downstairs washing machine is filling up as it contracts the pipes.

I think I need inhibitor as I asked the engineer to do it during the service but don't think he did.

What can my problem be? Any ideas? Thanks.

Unfortunately the draincock/valve on the hall radiator has started leaking today, could air in the system be causing this along with the low boiler pressure? I can't get anyone out till Friday

Reply to Low pressure Halstead combi HE in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock