Search the forum,

Discuss Low Pressure on boiler - Help! (Vaillant ecoTEC plus 618) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys - I have a Vaillant ecoTEC plus 618 VU GB 186/5-5 that's showing a low pressure error.

I understand I have to top up the pressure by turning/releasing some valves - the only problem is I have no idea where they are! I can't see any 'grey taps' and tried reading the manual but it's quite confusing. I also can't seem to find any tutorials on this specific model with this pipe setup.

Any help would be much appreciated - I would prefer to try and fix it myself tonight instead of waiting until the morning for a plumber to come out!

Thank you

File_001.jpgFile_005.jpgFile_003.jpgFile_004.jpg

looks to be a heat only boiler so have a look where you cylinder is you will/ should find something that looks like this

img_56531.jpg

if you do open one valve fully open (if theres two valves) if theres just one open is for a few seconds then check the boiler and repeat until it reaches about 1-1.2 bar

Thank you! found that loop (was hidden behind kitchen cabinets) and turned screw. Problem solved!

good to hear you turned the screw back off again once you set the pressure ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low Pressure on boiler - Help! (Vaillant ecoTEC plus 618) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock