Discuss Low Pressure When Both Taps Turned On in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave030801

I have an unvented megflow system. The pressure to both the hot and cold taps in the bath is good when using them one at a time. But when both taps are turned on the pressure on both taps dips considerably. I guess the cold water pressure dips because it is feeding both the tap and also refilling the megaflow cystern as the hot water is used. But why should the hot water pressure dip?
Thanks for any answers on this.

The same cold water enter's the Megaflow to come out as hot. So they are both at the same pressure anyway. You may notice the hot appears to dip more than the cold, that is usually due to the resistance to flow through the Megaflow and its fittings.

you should have a mains feed to megaflow, next in line is stop tap, then pressure reduction and a t (incorporated in a 1 piece body) the split t should then feed the cold supply to cylinder (to become hot water) and the cold supply to rest of house.

if your have reduced flow when opening both taps, either

1) the mains pipe into the house and indeed the cylinder is too small
2) the installation hasnt included the equalisation t and there is a pressure/flow difference between hot and cold.

hope that makes sense.

good luck
shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low Pressure When Both Taps Turned On in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock