Discuss LP241 ignoring BOSS THERM BR1 wireless thermostat receiver in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I moved into a new house where absolutely everything was turned off.

I have an LP241 dual channel programmer which works fine, turning the boiler on adn off as programmed according to the time.
I have a BPS242RF room thermostat which registers the right temperature, and has an arrow when the heating needs to come on as expected.
I have a BR1 wireless thermostat receiver which I eventually managed to link to the BPS242RF, with a green light indicating successful binding. The BR1 has an orange light on when the BPS242RF thermostat indicates the boiler needs to fire.

My problem is that the LP241 programmer seems to be ignoring the BR1. It fires the boiler only based on the programmer's timer, and won't switch off when thermostat reaches the required temperature.

This seems to be the opposite problem to others with the BR1 - at least I can get my boiler to come on.

Thanks for reading.

I have a BR1 wireless thermostat receiver which I eventually managed to link to the BPS242RF, with a green light indicating successful binding. The BR1 has an orange light on when the BPS242RF thermostat indicates the boiler needs to fire.
Listen carefully to the BR1 when the orange light goes on/off. Can you hear the relay clicking? If not, I think the BR1 is your problem.

Thank you for your replies.

I turned the HW to OFF on the LP241, and set the CH to ON. I then used the BPS242RF to set the required daytime temperature to either below or above the room temperature and set it to RUN and AUTO.

When it was set to achieve a temperature of 30 degrees, a black up arrow appears on the BPS242RF and the orange light the BR1 comes on. This is accompanied by an audible clicking (which I assume is the relay). Set the temperature to 10 degrees, and the arrow goes off, as does the orange light. There is another click when the orange light goes out.

Regardless of the thermostat, the boiler is on the whole time (as the LP241 is set to "ON")

Reply to LP241 ignoring BOSS THERM BR1 wireless thermostat receiver in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi , My wireless thermostat, has become water damaged and is toast , no longer displays anything (long story), it is a boss bps242rf and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar...
Replies
Views
So I've used a wireless thermostat to activate my heating since installation, but it's just stopped working (Blank screen, no new battery's fixed...
Replies
Views
Back