Discuss LPG on caravan sites in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

owington

Hi,
I have an interview for a job working on a caravan site next week. I am gas safe but have never worked with LPG before. The position is for a trainee so I am not going to be thrown in head first but was just wondering if any users had much experience with LPG and could shed any light on the major differences of working with natural gas. The caravans contain water heaters, fires and cookers. Any info at all I could take to the interview would be very helpful.
Thanks in Advance

The appliances work exactly the same its the gas that is different
eg. higher calorific value, higher pressures, sinks instead of rises, smaller injectors.

On the whole totally different regs but the principles are the same.

I think my Lpg was a 3 day course and no real surprises in it.

Last edited:
Thanks mate, they will be sending me on the course if successful so basically servicing is the same? Am I right in thinking the pressure supplied is 30mb rather than 21?

Depends on the gas used but if bottled outside the vans then its propane so yes.
(propane in the orange bottles and butane in the blue).

Tightness tests are different too.

Last edited:
ok, you havent goit your caravan ACS have you??

you cannot work on LPG if you havent got the correct ticket AND you must also have the relevant Quals for caravans

espicallly for the fires, there is a special fire that without the special ticket you cannot work on it

many more regs regarding caravans, ventallation for eg has changed and i think its caravans <1999 have different regs to >1999

get qualified and read lots of books and regs

No mate, Im not qualified to work on LPG. The job is as a trainee working under another engineer. Just wanted to have as much info for the interview as possible. As mentioned above, they have offered to send me on the course if i get the job. I'm not daft enough to mess about with appliances I'm not used to. Thanks for reply all the same.

No mate, Im not qualified to work on LPG. The job is as a trainee working under another engineer. Just wanted to have as much info for the interview as possible. As mentioned above, they have offered to send me on the course if i get the job. I'm not daft enough to mess about with appliances I'm not used to. Thanks for reply all the same.
from my training it is vastly different from dom
tt is standard tt for lpg
but you have DROP HOLES
ventilation is as ive have commented before about knowing how old caravan is and finding dataplate of caravan
i havnet much expereience of caravans, but after sitting the ticket, i cba

Aye thanks mate. Have found some info on the net looking about but this always seems the best place for advice. Guess I'll be spending the weekend researching as much as possible, just so hard to get work these days I'll take anything. Cheers mate and didnt mean to sound cocky in above post. All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to LPG on caravan sites in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock